Friday, March 27, 2009

Andy Rooney: That "Unimportant" Invention--The Umbrella

So today there is no new umbrella news, so it is time to hit the archives. What better way to do so than Google random combinations. Today, for me, that was ["Woody Allen" umbrella]. Looks like I can build several days on this one. For a start, however, let me go with an Andy Rooney commentary from last summer about that minor invention.

Interestingly, in addition to his Woody Allen citing/sighting, he brings up the Queen, too: "No one is so important that they don't get wet when it rains. Everyone resorts to an umbrella: George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Woody Allen, Michael Jackson, or even the Rev. Al Sharpton gets wet when it rains."

I also appreciate his mourning about the inventor: "...it seems wrong that we don't know the name of the person who came up with the idea for the umbrella."

1 comment:

DiCesare Designs said...

Wonderful blog! Your passion for umbrellas and your thorough information is so insightful. Please take a look at my designs. I hope you like them! www.ddi-parashell.com John